"There is far more to being healthy than simply not being sick. That is why we do research: to help people safely live their best lives possible in spite of their pulmonary disease."
Marcella Debidda, PhD
The Foundation’s research efforts are primarily dedicated to investigating the effects of high-intensity exercise and lifestyle change as they relate specifically to safety, efficacy and pulmonary function in patients living with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD), Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) and Covid-19.
NEW COVID-19 LONGHAULER STUDY
Researchers from the Pulmonary Wellness Foundation and the University of Dayton are recruiting patients for a clinical trial of a rehabilitation program for COVID long-haulers. After an initial consultation via Zoom, eligible participants will come to the Pulmonary Wellness Foundation’s COVID-19 Rehabilitation and Recovery Clinic at H&D Physical Therapy in New York City for an orthostatic tolerance test, pre- and post-treatment exercise tolerance tests and 24 treatment sessions that will involve aerobic exercise, supplemental oxygen, or both. They will also undergo an initial screening consultation and cognitive testing via Zoom, and complete daily and weekly questionnaires online. Each appointment will last approximately one-hour and participants will receive paid compensation for their participation.
You may be eligible for the study if you:
- Are female
- Between the ages of 18-55
- Contracted COVID-19 in February, March, or April 2020
- Have been clinician-diagnosed with COVID-19 based on PCR/antigen testing, antibody testing, or clinical symptoms
- Are currently experiencing one or more of the following symptoms, which began only after contracting COVID-19 : dyspnea, cough, chest pain, tachycardia or other arrhythmias, hypertension, hypotension, blood pressure lability, oxygen desaturation, exercise/activity intolerance, fatigue, or dizziness.
- Have been cleared by a physician for exercise and/or supplemental oxygen.
- Have the capacity to provide written, informed consent
- Able to complete questionnaires in English
If you are interested in participating, please e-mail email@example.com with the work STUDY in the subject line to set-up a consultation.
This study was approved by the University of Dayton
Institutional Review Board on January 20, 2021